With amazing views and scenic trails, Vail is the perfect summer resort for a trail run. Runners will find a variety of trails and terrain throughout Vail. See a complete list of hiking trails on Vail Mountain and around Vail on the hiking page, and when you are in shape and ready to test yourself, sign up for a trail running race below!
La Sportiva Trail Running Race Series
The 2013 La Sportiva Mountain Trail Running Race Series offers runners approximately 52 miles of scenic racing, for a total elevation gain of 16,475 feet and more breathtaking views than we can count. Named Colorado's "Best Race Series" by Colorado Runner Magazine in 2005 and 2008. Races take place May through mid September with the 2013 series marking 16 years of trail running racing in the Vail Valley. Costs are $28 preregistration or $38 day-of.
Highlight races in 2013 include:
- The 37th Annual La Sportiva Vail Hill Climb on July 6th
- La Sportiva Vail Half Marathon on July 21th
- La Sportiva 10K @ 10,000 Feet on Aug. 25th
- La Sportiva Berry Picker Trail Run on Aug. 4th
- Visit La Sportiva Mountain Trail Running Race Series for the complete race schedule