With stunning mountain backdrops, a wide variety of courses and an unbeatable summer climate, golf is a Vail summer activity, not to be missed. New to Golf in in Vail? We recommend the Vail Golf Club. Nestled at the base of the Gore Mountain Range in the Rocky Mountains, Vail Golf Club presents golfers with a unique 18-hole, par 71 experience at 8,200 feet elevation. Call us at 888-709-3939 or 970-479-2260 to learn more and book your tee time. Or use our Online Tee Time Booking Tool.
Or explore one of the other golf clubs in Vail and surrounding areas:
- Eagle-Vail Golf Club: Located 4 miles West of Vail and offers a full course and a par 3.
- Beaver Creek Golf Club: Located at Vail's sister resort of Beaver Creek, about 15 minutes West of Vail.
- Red Sky Ranch & Golf Club: Located about 20 minutes West of Vail with courses designed by Fazio and Norman. This top ranked golf club offers spectacular views.
- Eagle Ranch Golf Club: Located 35 minutes West of Vail and offers a 18 hole full length course.
- The Club at Cordillera is a private golf club located 40 minutes west of Vail.
- Gypsum Creek Golf Course: An 18 hole, Pete Dye designed championship golf course just minutes from the Eagle/Vail Airport and Jet Center. It is open to the public and offers the longest golf season in Eagle County.
Get the most out of your golf vacation with our tips below!
With our elevated altitude and awe-inspiring views, golfing at Vail is quite an experience. Vail boasts seven world-class public and private golf courses within 40 minutes of town, offering a wide variety of terrain and full-service golf shops. Follow these tips for your best golf vacation yet.
- Add about 10% yardage to each club – The ball travels faster in our thinner air, so your 100-yard shots are more like 110 yards here. Take that into consideration when choosing which club to use.
- The altitude affects more than your ball – At courses above 8,000 feet, you’ll lose your breath more quickly than usual, especially if you’re coming from low-altitude. Walking the course can be more strenuous, so a cart may be the way to go, depending on how active you are. If you’re an outdoor enthusiast, challenge yourself and maybe try walking half of your day or try out a golf bike.
- Stay hydrated & wear plenty of sunscreen – Colorado enjoys 300+ days of sunshine a year, so even though the temperatures in Vail are mild, it’s easy to get sunburnt if you don’t slather on the sunscreen. While you’re SPF-ing, remember to hydrate, too. Colorado has a pretty dry climate, and hydrating will help prevent altitude sickness and keep your game strong.
- Enjoy ideal conditions July-August – Vail gets some of its most beautiful weather and ideal golfing conditions in the middle of summer. Everyone seems to know this, as tee times can be hard to come by during these months. If you’re visiting during this time, get on the books early.
- Drier courses can change your game – With 300 days of sun (had to mention it again), our golf courses can be much drier than what you’re used to. This means the ball doesn’t “check up” as quickly as in other climates and can travel further than you’d expect. Keep this in mind when taking your next swing.
- Take advantage of early/late season prices – Visit during the “off-season” in May, September or October for nearly half off peak summer green fares. Throw on a fleece and enjoy less crowded courses and the same gorgeous views. As a bonus, tee times toward the end of September or early October come with views of our amazing Aspens in all their golden-leafed glory!
- “Stay and Play” at top resorts and get a discount – Many of Vail’s premiere golf courses and properties offer “stay and play” rates. Book at one of our RockResorts properties and you can play at award-winning Red Sky Golf Club for up to 30% off! Red Sky partners with a few other properties for up to 20% off lodging too.
- Watch the sun set as you golf and save – Looking for a discount but want to golf during peak season? Our Twilight rates are a little secret we’re going to let you in on. Book a tee time after 3:30 p.m. and you’ll enjoy lower prices, cooler temperatures and a beautiful sunset to close out your day on a high note.