« Back to list
What can my kids do at Vail?
Ages 4 and under ski for free! Children lift tickets start at age 5 and go to age 12. Children ages 13 & over are considered adults and will have to pay the adult price. Do not purchase lift tickets for your children if you plan on putting them in ski & snowboard school. ALL program packages (3-6 and 7-14) include lift access.
- Save Time! Make a reservation online for your child's ski or snowboard lessons today.
- Our children's centers are a one-stop shop for lessons, rentals, specialized gear and accessories.
- Registration and check-in for kids' ski and snowboard school is 8-9am.
- Children are grouped by ability level (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and by age (3-6 and 6-14).
- Children must be 3 years old, potty trained and willing to learn to ski to participate in ski school.
- Lunch is included with all full-day programs, 3-6 year olds only. Kids 7-14 will need to bring money for lunch with their class.
Play all day and well into the night at Adventure Ridge with ski bikes, kids snowmobile track, a slippery slope of rip-roaring tubing lanes and more.
Not sure what to do with your kids and family while on vacation? The Activities Desk is your headquarters for fun and adventure. They can help you plan all of your vacation activities. Call toll-free 800-475-4543 or stop by and visit our office in Lionshead.
Going skiing and need someone to watch your child? The Small World Play School Nursery is for non-skiing children 2 month to 6 years old. Open daily 8am-4:30pm. Advanced reservations are required, book early for holiday periods. Call (970) 479-3285.
Need a night away from the kids? Hire a babysitter to come and watch your children while you go out for dinner or a night out on the town.