There is something magical about the season in Vail during the holidays.
The setting is classic: snow drifts lay on the rooftops of Vail’s Village and Lionshead while the warm glow of lampposts light the cobbled streets. Pine garlands, red bows and strings of lights festoon the ice skating rinks and Alpine chalets and – to top it off – we’ve created daily activities and events to help you and your family celebrate the season.
What is Vail Holidaze?
Vail’s Holidaze takes Vail’s already iconic setting and adds family activities, such as skating, and many outdoor events. Held from December 18th through the 31st, Vail Holidaze events bring an even more festive vibe to the Yuletide.
Kris Kringle Market
Vail Village, Willow Bridge Road
31 local and regional Colorado vendors
This outdoor market is the perfect place to find a unique gift for that someone special. The market will offer ornaments, handmade toys, decorations, cookies, roasted nuts and more.
Visit with Santa
PRE‐Tree Lighting Activities
Arrabelle in Vail Square
2:00 – 4:00
- Ice skating and cookie decoration for kids of all ages (fees apply for ice skating)
- Vail skating club on site with merriment and holiday costumes
Vail Village Tree Lighting and Activities (4:30 – 6:00)
5:00 PM Slifer Square (by Covered Bridge)
- Holiday live holiday music by Children’s Chorale and Terry Armistead.
- Join Santa and other area dignitaries to illuminate Vail’s beautiful tree.
- Holiday cookie decorating, free for all ages.
"Paper Lantern Workshop” with Helen Hiebert
1:30 – 4:30
- Free Paper Lantern Workshops in the Community Room at the Vail Public Library with local paper artist Helen Hiebert. The workshops are free and family friendly. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- RSVP required to firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-479-2344. Please indicate which workshop you would like to attend and please indicate number in your party.
Winter Solstice Paper Lantern Walk
Vail Village, Slifer Square (near covered bridge)
4:00 – 5:00
- Free cookie decoration for kids of all ages, 4:00 - 5:00 at Covered Bridge
- 4:45 – 5:00 Participant to meet at the Covered Bridge for the festive procession through Vail Village to Gore Creek promenade.
- Complimentary LED better lights for your lanterns will be distributed starting at 4:45.
- Walk will start at 5:00 from the Covered Bridge
Grand Opening Celebration of the tenth Annual Vail Winterfest Ice Theater
Gore Creek Promenade
- Outdoor Ice Theater will cool oversized ice chairs, family friendly cinematic experiences such as the "Ho the Grinch Stole Christmas" following the parade. Vail Winterfest Ice Theatre generously presented by Vicki and Kent Logan.
- This unique Ice Theater will have a daily projection from dusk until 10pm, for more information visit. www.artinvail.com or contact Molly Eppard at email@example.com 970-479-2344
New Year festivities
Once you’ve recovered from all the holiday festivities, ring in the New Year Vail style December 31st:
6:15 p.m. Torchlight Parade.
Come to Golden Peak to watch the annual Torchlight Parade and fireworks at Golden Peak. Watch as ski instructors and Vail locals form a glowing train as they ski down Golden Peak with glowing sticks followed by a fireworks display.
Learn more about Vail Holidaze